Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Think happy thoughts...


I saw this lovely little quote on my girlfriend's facebook page recently, and it immediately struck a chord with me. I can't tell you the number of negative thoughts against myself that stream through my head everyday, downloading themselves into my every fiber. These debilitating thoughts do nothing but prohibit forward progression. No matter how much I will something to be, if I allow the negative to seep through, 
the negative will always win.

I don't know about you, but I hate losing. I'm as competitive as they come. 
So how about this?

I propose I look at those negative thoughts as my opponent. 
They are the enemy. They must be defeated. 
War paint ready. Game face on. Bring it.

If I wake up everyday with a course of action to deter these thoughts, 
then maybe, just maybe I will prevail. 
If a negative thought comes, my way, I'll knock it down with a combative blow 
of self-courage, confidence, grace, and gratitude.

For example:

I can't win.
Pshhhhh, I got this. I eat negative thoughts for breakfast, chew them up 
and spit them out.

You want some of this you dirty awful LA traffic?
I'll simply turn up my "Bittersweet Symphony" in my new rockin car and tune you out!


I'm not good enough.
I am more than good enough. I am strong. I am capable. 
And I am willing to do what it takes to succeed.

There isn't enough time.
I have as much time in a day as everyone else. Time is not prejudice. 
Tackle one thing at a time. 
I can get it all done. My time management skills are bar none.

I don't deserve to be happy.
I deserve happiness as much as the next person. I am kind. I have a good heart. 
I deserve to live a good life.

Maybe if we look at our thoughts this way; if we make a list of all the negative thoughts that enter our mind every day, and have a prepared positive response to armor ourselves, then maybe we can win this battle of negativity. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of being my own worst enemy. It's exhausting.

And there are too many negative people out there in the world that are vying 
to pull me down. Why waste another moment pulling down myself?

Step aside negativity, happy thoughts from here on out!

Think happy thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment