Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year from My Own Molly!


In the spirit of new beginnings, there's never a better time to reflect on the past than in the new year. It's healthy to look back at things that "were" so you can prepare for things to come. 

So here is my 2013 Year-In-Review:

To start, I lost my very best friend and my greatest companion in the world. To those who knew her best, we think back and laugh at the wonderful memories and love shared for Tori. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss her or wish she were still here with me being a pain in the rear and giving me love-on-demand whenever I requested. But I'm so glad she got one last Christmas with the family and stayed strong for me through to the very end.

Rest in peace my angel...


And just as 2013 was a year of loss, it was also a year of love...(swoon).
I celebrated the 1 year anniversary of my first date with my sweetheart, the love of my life, John. 


I was even invited to the family beach house on the Jersey shore where I tried my best to be as "salty" as I could be. (Inside thing...I'd tell ya but I was sworn to protect family secrecy...no seriously.)


We also took the plunge and moved in together! 
We love our new town home, the scenic views and all the nice amenities. We're settling in but won't soon forget our first meal eaten on the dining room floor! That's new-couple-moving-into-new home tradition, right?


I said goodbye to ol Nancy Nissan and got a new ride!


And for the biggest milestone of 2013, I started my own business. As my mentor Ali Brown says, "There's no better self development tool 
than starting your own business."





Boy was she right! In the half a year that I've been at it, I've experienced every emotion under the moon. For those that say business isn't personal, I challenge you to start a business of your own. The biggest challenge is distinguishing that "you" are not your business. Your successes or failures in your business are not a reflection of you personally. For better or for worse, your business is its own representation of something new...created by you, developed by you, curated by you...but not "you."
You are SO much more. And that gives me peace...and hope for things to come.

Also in my first six months in business, I attended some fantastic events where I had the opportunity to meet great new colleagues, learn from leading business women, and mingle with old friends.

I attended the "Today's Innovative Woman" Success Summit in Redondo Beach, CA.


I am pictured here with Melissa Lanz of The Fresh 20
A brilliantly DRIVEN business woman, loving mother, and amazing spirit. 



Here I am with Joy Chudacoff, of Smart Women Smart Solutions, a mentor and friend who challenges me to always be better than I think I am capable. And then push myself more...



And this is my newest friend and ally, Ms Nicole Teves McDowell from Get The Sale Now.
Not only is she the smartest sales-minded person I've met, but she is so kind and generous. 

I can't tell you how good it feels to have strong independent women 
vying for you in your corner 
and encouraging you every step of the way.

I also had the incredible chance to attend the Behind Every Leader conference in Newark, NJ hosted by Executive Assistants Organization.

Here I got to meet hundreds of success minded assistants from around the world all doing impressive, ground breaking work for the companies they work for.



Among the several people who spoke, I got to meet Google CEO Eric Schmidt's Executive Assistant, Ann Hiatt who spoke of her decade of experience working for high level CEO's and executives.
Impressive does not even begin to describe this woman's credentials or vigor as a leader in this industry. 

And to wrap an already eventful year, I also celebrated a milestone birthday as I turned the Big 3-0.

John took me to San Francisco to celebrate with a few of my favorite landmarks!




The Dahlia Garden at Golden Gate Park


The Japanese Tea Garden




Berkeley scenic picnic


Golden Gate Bridge



This picture perfectly sums up TWO THINGS:
my gratitude for a fantastic 2013 and my feelings towards a successful and bountiful 2014

or simply put...

THANK YOU and BRING IT ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment